George Cameron Discusses Small Business Ownership Over the Generations in Inver Grove Heights

Dublin Core

Title

George Cameron Discusses Small Business Ownership Over the Generations in Inver Grove Heights

Subject

Interview with George Cameron, owner of Cameron's Liquor Store

Description

Cameron's began as a feed store in 1890 along present-day Concord Boulevard. A 2009 construction project by the city of Inver Grove Heights, according to this 2009 Pioneer Press article, forced the move of Cameron's from the east side of Concord at 66th St. E to the former Camerons Park, a section of land on the southwest corner of Concord and 65th St. E donated by the Cameron family to Inver Grove Heights in the 1940s. Since the 1970s the store has sold liquor only. George Cameron, the current owner of Cameron's Liquor Store, recalls the role his store has played over the generations of Inver Grove Heights business history.

Creator

Charles Bultman, Everett Kehl

Date

May 30, 2023

Format

.m4a; .pdf

Files

George Cameron Transcription.pdf

Citation

Charles Bultman, Everett Kehl, “George Cameron Discusses Small Business Ownership Over the Generations in Inver Grove Heights,” Inver Grove History, accessed May 30, 2024, http://invergrovehistory.org/items/show/124.

Output Formats